It started as a hobby. It turned into socioeconomic project. It became an entity. In just over four short years of service, Restore Hockey has delivered hundreds of pieces of restored hockey equipment to programs, families, and individuals whom would otherwise not be able to play the game. We have established support partnership with prominent individuals, organizations, and corporations. We have started to make in impact. We have started to change perceptions about the sport we love.
See what people are saying:
- “Congratulations on all your good work. Now, a request. At Christmas, I sponsor a homeless veteran through the NE Homeless Veteran Shelter. This year, the veteran requested skates, a stick and gloves. I was so surprised at the prices and was not able to provide them. Last week, I was able to buy skates and sent them . When I saw your story in the Globe, I thought maybe you could help this 50 yr old veteran who wants to play hockey. I know your focus is on the kids which is great, but I'm hoping that if someone donates an adult stick, you will think of him. I will be happy to see that he gets it."
- “I am looking for pads for my 10 year old son. His old ones are to small and can't really afford new ones at this time. We have his old pads (size 22 inch) that we would love to donate to you. Thank you very much for you help and we think it’s a great thing you are doing for kids."
- “I came across your website thru the Boston Bruins Foundation. We have three children who play ice hockey and a garage over flowing with equipment. I have another idea as well. My husband is a coach and he’s always looking for ways for his girls to learn to give back to the community and thought your organization would be perfect. There are currently 10 girls teams and 30 boys teams in the organization. Do you organize equipment drives other than the ones listed on your website? If so, is this something we can help with?”
- “I have equipment to donate. I would be happy to see if I can gather donations from other families as well. Would that help?”
- “Hi, it was great hearing about you. It has been very hard for us to buy equipment for my son and have him play hockey like his friends do, because the equipment was very expensive. He needs the ice skates and the helmet to play hockey. Please let me know what should I do.”
- “Thank you very much for the skates. They were great and the right number for him. Hopefully they will fit next winter too. My son loved them AND HE WANTED TO THANK YOU TOO.”
- “Hi. I am on disability and would like help for my sons ages 9 and 12. My 9 year old just needs hockey socks but my 12 year old needs skates, adult size 8, and a helmet. He uses a helmet from the 90's. Any help would be greatly appreciated.”
- “Thank you so much for your reply. I haven't watched hockey since the bruins golden years in the late 60's early 70's. After reading your information, I stopped and watched a group of very young players on the ice. It was so much fun to watch. Thanks for that!”
We are humbled by the kind words we have received and the impact we have been able to make on our sport. We are also driven to continue to impact our sport more and more each and everyday. Shoot us a message if you or someone you know has been impacted by Restore Hockey. Don't personally know anyone who has but want to help us out. Click Here for information on how to support us and our mission.